Photograph Scanning Service Being Offered at WVGS Library
Protect your photographs, have them scanned to a DVD.
WVGS Members Bob and Cathy Gallagher offer their professional scanning services, using a high speed scanner, scanning all your precious photographs and documents onto a DVD. This special fundraising service is available to WVGS members and non-members as well.
Scanning dates set for August 24, September 28, October 26, November 23, 2014 between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm at the Library
This process will offer you:
- The peace of mind knowing your photographs and documents are safe from fire, theft, water and other dangers.
- The ability to easily share photographs and documents with family and friends.
- A simple way to get your photographs and documents onto your computer and ready for Family Tree Maker, Legacy, RootsMagic, TMG, etc.
- This process is 30 times faster than the flatbed scanner you may have at home!
The charge is 20 cents per photograph/document that is scanned to a DVD (WVGS gets 6 cents) (includes cost of DVD). Special arrangements can be made for flat bed scanning of other photo items including larger photographs and documents up to 12"x17" which can be scanned for 30 cents (WVGS gets 10 cents).
(Note: the average retail cost is 25 cents to $1.99 per scan!!)
Tin types, photographs on thick cardboard, Polaroids, album pages, postcards, very small and/or fragile photographs and documents can also be scanned. This scanning will be done by Bob and Cathy Gallagher at their home. Additional DVD copies are $1.00.
Here are a few helpfull hints to get your photos ready for scanning:
- Sort your photographs/documents by size, so they can easily be processed.
- Once you have your DVD of photographs/documents, you can put them on your computer into family, location or chronologically arranged folders.
- Plan on 1 hour for each batch of 300+ photographs/documents. Remember: one shoebox holds about 400+ photographs.
- Signup on the sheet in the Library, or call the Library (623-933-4945) to make an appointment. To help us set your schedule, be prepared to indicate the number of photos you plan to bring.
- Payment will be made to Bob or Cathy Gallagher at the end of your session.
- Bring your photographs/documents, checkbook or cash, and don’t be late.
Contact Bob or Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 623-266-1330